Fire Damages Home in Watson Saturday


Published on January 12 2019 7:42 pm
Last Updated on January 12 2019 7:42 pm
Written by Greg Sapp

Fire damaged a home in Watson during the noon hour Saturday.

Watson Fire Protection District firefighters were called to the Colby Higgs residence at 12:30pm. Higgs phoned that his bathroom vent fan was on fire and flames were showing. The Higgs residence is located at 214 Sierra Avenue.

Firefighters could see light smoke showing from the south eaves of the home when they arrived. Higgs used a fire extinguisher on the fire prior to the firefighters' arrival.

The fire extended into the attic of the home, causing damage to the trusses immediately above the fire. Fire crews overhauled the attic space above the bathroom and used a thermal imaging camera to make sure the fire hadn't spread further.

Shumway Fire Protection District was called for automatic aid, but were called off en route once the fire was knocked down.

No determination has been made as to the dollar value of the damage done.

Watson firefighters cleared the scene an hour after the call. No injuries were reported by the residents or any of the 12 firefighters who were on scene.